Are you feeling afraid and lonely?
Are you sitting there wondering how did you get here and how long is this going to last?
Are you feeling weak and wonder how you are going to do “this” for one more day?
Have you even identified what you’re truly feeling or is it an unidentified feeling without words?
My friend, God knows where you are and what you are feeling. He has promised to strengthen you, hold you up, and to help you. You just have to share your “real” feelings with Him because he also wants us to talk to Him, to turn to Him, and to trust Him with our “everything”.
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 NIV
What does your “everything” look like though?
- Is it a fragile relationship?
- Is it a fragile marriage that feels like it is on the brink of disaster?
- Is it difficulty with finances? Are you unemployed, underemployed, have a lot of debt, or carrying student loans that will need to be repaid?
- Is it overloaded schedule because you have school, work, or family demands?
- Are you a college student struggling with classes, exams, assignments, and work schedules too?
- Are you a professional who has the demands of a job that requires your undivided attention all the time leaving you little time to spend with your family or friends doing things you enjoy?
- Are you a stay-at-home mom or homeschooling mom who is struggling with keeping up with the demands of running your home, teaching school, and managing your family?
- Lastly, are you a family member of a loved one who has health issues and you are struggling to keep up with meeting their emotional and physical needs?
All of the above issues are areas in life that can create a sense of fear and loneliness. These are areas in life that without noticing can quickly cause your life to become chaotic and consuming. Unfortunately, before you know it, you wake up and wonder how did you get here and how did your life become difficult and out of control?
Here are 4 truths to remember while you are struggling with your hardship.
- God isn’t creating this difficulty because He doesn’t love you or because you must have done something wrong.
- God has not forsaken or abandoned you. He is with you and is preparing you for the blessing at the end of this trial.
- Take the time for self care. There has to be a time where you rest, relax, and reflect on what you are going through.
- Confide in someone you trust so you can release your feelings and emotions. They will help you to see the world that exists outside of your current situation and will help you to stay focused on the end goal.
My friend, do not let the enemy rob you of the light you still have in your heart. God gives us this light which He calls hope. Be cautious because we can easily give that hope away and pick up the fear and loneliness again. Take this valuable time to seek God through prayer for guidance and direction. By doing this He not only will reveal the path and direction He has for you, but will provide you with His grace, strength, peace, and comfort.
Hugs my friend and please know you are not alone. God loves you unconditionally. He is with you and has not forsaken you. Clinge to the hope and light which God is blessing you with while you struggle with this difficulty. You can do this and you will win this battle!