It is my desire and prayer that this will touch your heart and God will encourage you today.
I don’t know what your struggles are or what you are going through, but I do know God sees your every move and your every difficulty. You are never alone, no matter how light or dark your life may be.
I had already begun writing on this topic and something went wrong because when I returned to finish it I found it missing. I am going to take this as a sign that what I have on my heart is meant to touch someone out there. The enemy is working hard to prevent you from reading the encouraging words God has for you to hear.
I am not sure what your struggles might be. You have to fill in the _______ blank as to what you might be going through in life.
Are any of these possible areas you are struggling with…
- Do you have an invisible or chronic illness? Is it one you struggle with daily, but no one can see, therefore to outsiders they don’t see your what you go through? Does it affect every aspect of your life; your personal and professional life? Do you have a hard time maintaining relationships with family and friends, because they don’t understand the struggles you battle with over your health issues? This is a hard life to maintain.
- Do you struggle with a visible illness such as a disease or cancer? The chronic fatigue of both the visible and invisible illnesses leaves you drained, worn out and exhausted mentally, physically, and emotionally. These are real struggles that come with a high price.
- Are you battling with the darkness of depression? Do the demons of depression alter your ability to think rationally and clearly? Is this darkness consuming your every thought making life nearly impossible to navigate on a daily basis?
- Do you struggle with the horrible effects of PTSD? A good many of the same demons that play out with depression are visible here as well, however with PTSD you find your life often times debilitating. You loose yourself through the lies you harbor in your mind. Those lies rob you of family and friends because you are always pushing them away. You feel your life is consumed within itself and that no one truly understands what you are going through or what you have been through. The lies have taught you no one cares about you or loves you. These demons continue to cause chaos and havoc in your life and you lack the ability to fight back against it.
- Do you find yourself at a hospital holding the hand of a close friend or a loved one whose life has been affected by a tragedy? You are trying to be strong to show them the courage they need to fight back against the injuries the accident left them afflicted with. Are the injuries ones that will affect your loved one for the rest of their life? This is a struggle that may be a short term struggle but one that is significant at this time? It can be exhausting while going through it, but you wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Lastly, are you a caregiver of a loved one but are feeling weak and weary from the mental, physical, and emotional exhaustion? You wouldn’t have it any other way, but the drain you are experiencing is exhausting. You carry the weight of their illness. You are always thinking of a way to brighten their day, while you push through your own day. Most often times, you forget about yourself and don’t allow yourself the time to care for your needs. Self care??? What is that? I don’t have time for that. I must do this and this and this to help the person you are caring for. My friend, this is an honorable deed, but you have to remember yourself in the process. If you take some time in the day to meet your physical, mental, or emotional needs, you will be able to maintain the rigorous needs and demands of being a caregiver.
My friend, whether I have touched base with your struggle above or you are experiencing one I didn’t mention, know that each and everyone of them are equally important to the person going through them.
Each one can leave you feeling alone, fearful and discouraged.
I feel God wants me to tell you that all of those feelings are not of Him, they are all feelings the enemy places on us to make us feel helpless and empty. God has a bigger plan for times of hardships. He uses them for good. He can take any difficult situation and bring blessings to either the person going through it or will use your story to richly bless others.
I know right now it may seem like an eternity since you have been struggling, but God has a promise for each and everyone of you.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
God isn’t going to leave you during your hour of weakness. He is preparing a much bigger plan for you and it is one that will bless you at the end of your journey.
My friend, no matter what today looks like or how hard it was to get out of bed, do not be discouraged, your God has a mighty plan for you. Do not loose your focus because although it may feel like your life is an eternity, it is not. God is preparing a mighty future for you. Hang tight and know your God is preparing you for an amazing blessing and is preparing a testimony which He will use for his good
Ride the ride and let God have the steering wheel for He is in total control, you are not. Many many hugs to each one of you who are struggling.
You got this Friend! You can do this. Cling to the “Hope” of a brighter future and know this time you are going through isn’t forever. That is God’s promise to us.