December 30, 2017
Wow, the year is quickly coming to a close. There is only one more Christmas Encouragement before the Holidays are officially complete for another year.
Today has been difficult at best, but I am especially thankful for the two people who encouraged me to get through the day.
It is funny because it is so easy to focus only on the bad part of the day, but it takes effort after a day like today, to see the rainbow despite the storm.
“You can’t change who you are, but you can change what you have in your head; you can refresh what you’re thinking about, you can put some fresh air in your brain.” —Ernesto Bertarelli
I need to seriously “…put some fresh air into my brain.” It is time to refresh what I think and how I process it.
- So let’s take today for example. As I started my day early my husband decided unexpectedly that I needed help with everything that was going to happen today. I need to be thankful and appreciative of this as it became a huge help.
- The next one occurred while sitting at the dealership waiting on my car inspection. The mechanic supervisor informed me that I was having battery problems and needed a new one. I told him I was aware of this problem and we will be fixing it, but he wanted to put it in. I was polite but informed him I could not spend money I did not have. As he walked away this was when a Navy pilot who was also waiting with me gave me comforting words about how God is in control of everything and it will all work out. Yes, I recognized a God moment in this. I was sure to thank him as I left.
- Then I got home to have my husband take care of my battery first thing. This he couldn’t have done had he been at work. Now my car is fixed and working amazingly well again. I have the assurance I won’t be stranded now with a dead battery and a child who can not walk if we needed to. I also have the anxiety of another yearly vehicle inspection and any expense it could incur behind me for another year. Thank God!!! He knows how much I hate inspections let alone in December.
- While I was at home waiting on the furnace repair man I was comforted by an amazing person via my Blog and a local friend as well. They were both instrumental in giving me encouragement to get through this stressful and difficult day. They both touched my heart in a way only God could orchestrate. Thank you to you both if you are reading this posting.
- Next the time had come for me to take Kiddo to another post-op doctor appointment, but no sign of a furnace repair man. Because my husband took the day off he was able to be home while I took Kiddo to her appointment alleviating me of the stress of not being home and this guy showing up. I was so thankful to have this burden lifted from me. As of another result, I was doubly blessed because I was also able after her doctor appointment to not go directly home and go to my inlaws house to get warm and let my husband deal with any and all the decisions needed in this situation. This was a huge blessing met. This was one that wouldn’t have happened had he not taken the day off from work.
- When I finally got home for the day, I came home with a very heavy heart lifted and a peace of all the important decisions of the day made, but not all made by me.
As a result of listing everything that happened today I am able to see time after time where God intervened and held my hand every step of the way. If I wasn’t looking for the rainbow through the storm I could have easily fallen into the trap of only seeing how hard today was. Instead, as I try to refresh my mind, I am able to God in every step.
Hang tough my friend, if you are going to tackle this same journey along the side of me, I know God will be with us every step of the way, encouraging us to take the difficult unsteady steps while not letting us fall until we get to stable ground again.
He promises to, “Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts “Be strong, Do not fear; your God will come, He will come with a vengeance, with Devine retribution He will come to save you.”” Isaiah 35:3-4 NIV
Refresh your minds my friends, allow the clean clear thoughts to permeate your heads and sort through the old thoughts of the past way of thinking.
Take the time today to look through your hardship and see how God orchestrated your trial and made His good to shine through it.
Feel free to share your experience in the comments below so we can share in your blessing or encourage you through your hardship. I can tell you from personal experience, it is better to travel a huge difficulty with others then to do it alone. We can guide you to see your rainbow when you may only see the storm. We can hold the umbrella over your head when you find yourself to weak to carry it. We can hold your hand as you find your steps shaken due to the unstable ground. If God wanted us to be alone He would have never given Adam a mate in the very beginning. He intends for us to be there for each other and to encourage each other through the difficult times.
“The Lord God said, “It is not good for man to be alone, I will make a helper suitable for him.” Genesis 2:18 NIV
Hugs my friend! I’m not going to promise this new life challenge will be an easy one, but together I believe God will use each and everyone of us making us wiser and stronger together.
We can do this!