January 3, 2018
Today was another step in the direction of change.
We pulled down the Christmas stuff and the house is back to being just plain and boring. However, it will be nice to get it clean again.
This is what our tree looks like now. This is twenty years of packaging tape. We always joke that our tree box is just tape holding cardboard together. Does anyone else’s box look like this too?
So, I am curious what your plans are for the year to come? I am not a resolution maker, but I am all about making goals this year.
We have lived on the edge for a long time and as a result we have fallen into survival mode. I do not want to live another year of what we have been living through.
This has to change. No other option is acceptable to me.
I have lost myself over the past couple of years. So much so I don’t even know what I like anymore. I don’t have a favorite song or favorite radio station or tv show. I don’t have a favorite activity or anything any more.
- My personal goal is to rediscover myself again. My quest isn’t to find my old self, but it is to find my new self. I want to find the one who has gained wisdom and experience from our years of hardships.
- I am desperate to get my home and life organized again. I have learned when you are in survival mode, you loose track of a lot of responsibilities. This isn’t a good thing because now I am behind in everything in life. I am behind in filing paperwork, cleaning, and decorating. I will be extremely happy to see all of this come together again for the peace of mind I need again.
- I want to start a small home business venture to make some money to help out financially so we can become financially stable again. I am still praying about the small business option though. If it truly becomes something I will be making an announcement here once God works out the details.
- I need to learn how to become assertive so I can stand my ground with people who run over the top of me. I need to learn how to set up boundaries and stick by them.
““Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert.”
Isaiah 43:18-19 NKJV
- I am also desperately seeking how to do self care. This is extremely hard for me and because I don’t do it therefore I am crashing before my own eyes.
- I need to work out the details now to put goals and deadlines to them so I stay focused on making these happen for me,
How about you? What do you want to do in the year to come? Leave your responses in the comments below.
Maybe this can be the blog pos that helps us to provide accountability and encouragement so we can successfully meet our goals.
Ok Friends, I have put some of my personal goals out there, now it is your turn.