Are you feeling overwhelmed?
Are you feeling like no one understands why you are frustrated?
Are you feeling lost even within your family?
Are you feeling invisible?
Are you struggling with being misunderstood?
Are your emotions misunderstood?
Are you constantly working, while others see you struggle, but offers no help?
My friend, these feelings of hurt and frustration are real. There are valid and legitimate reasons, circumstances, and events that have occurred in your life leading to these feelings.
Unfortunately, the feelings may feel real, but it is important to identify what is true and what are the lies we tell ourselves.
I know when I am frustrated and I say things out of that frustration, and my daughter quickly reminds me, this is what I am telling myself, but those thoughts are not real.
We can easily fall into the trap of constant disappointment and hurt and as a result, the enemy is in our heads feeding us these lies about ourselves.
- He tells us we are a failure.
- He tells us we are not important.
- He shows us all of our negative emotions and how out of control we are.
- He tells us we are irresponsible.
- He tells us how unloving we are.
- He tells us how ugly we are.
- He tells us how bad we are at being daughters and sons, wives and husbands, moms and dads.
My friend, he shouts these lies loudly so we can not miss them.
What we need to do is shut him down and for everything you hear, shout back and say, No…
- I am not a failure, I AM SUCCESSFUL in x, y, z.
- I am not out of control. I AM IMPORTANT.
- I am not irresponsible, I AM RESPONSIBLE.
- MY FEELINGS ARE REAL and valid, but I will not let them run me.
- I am not unloving, I HAVE PLENTY OF LOVE to share with others.
- I am not ugly, I AM BEAUTIFUL or HANDSOME.
- I am not a bad parent, daughter or son, or wife or husband, I AM the Best I know how to be.
My friend, take the time to evaluate where the truth is in with what you are experiencing. By knowing what the truth is, you will be able to see the lies in what you believe. The enemy’s objective is to tear you down and destroy you physically and emotionally so you do not fight back. Resist these lies and fight back standing on your truth and principle.
“Hold your head up high and fight back against what is not true. Just because you feel it, does not make it is real.”
Remember this fact and truth… you are worth fighting for. You are strong enough to fight back against the lies you tell yourself and the lies the enemy tells you.
You are… enough!! See the truth and believe it!!!!!!